September 12, 2006

The Mahabharata - A 'relevant mythological' epic

It was a cherished dream...

A small dream which was unfulfilled until today

I was introduced to the ancient epic from India, Mahabharata when I was not even a teenager, and then I religiously watched a television serial based on this epic. My curiosity about it has increased as the years have gone by.

I have just completed a book by C. Rajagopalchari titled, "Mahabharata". Although, not complete epic, the book gave me an almost complete idea of the story. The author has only written about the main episodes.

Needless to say, I am finding the whole of the story as relevant as the issues our world is facing in 21st century.

Is it the case that the Humans acted in a similary way in all races, regions, civilizations and all the time?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It would be really good to read more about the epic,about your thoughts & ofourse the relevance to current scenario of the world.
Keep jotting down .. good luck.

Dr. Shaloo said...

You have made me curious about this as well. would love to read about this & wanna read the book also.Hope u will be soon giving few details..... do keep writing and reading.